Thursday, March 18, 2010

One item checked off the to-do list!

Cover of Beeton's Christmas Annual for 1887, f...Image via Wikipedia
I can't believe it myself, but my annotated bibliography is finished.  Fifteen entries, and as far as I can tell, all correctly MLA in format.  I'm not really happy with my working thesis, but hey, it's just a working thesis, right?  It's not supposed to be perfect yet.  I went with "Although much has been made of the action in Sherlock Holmes, the film actually adheres to the characterization of Holmes and the level of action found in the original stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle."  Kinda wordy, isn't it?  It's not a breathtakingly argumentative thesis either.  Maybe Dr. Toffee will have some idea how I can spice it up. 

My plan for the next stage -- the draft of the "documented argument essay" (i.e., the research paper) -- is to argue against the article below, from Slate.com.  We'll see how that goes over.


 
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment