Wednesday, August 29, 2012

TV or not TV

Live births per 1000 women 15-19 years old, 20...
Live births per 1000 women 15-19 years old, 2002. UNFPA, State of World Population 2003 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I read another memoir last night.  This one was by David Sedaris, and it was called "Us and Them."  It's about a family he knew as a kid that did not have a television.  Apparently he thought this was bizarre.  I guess I'm kind of on the bizarre side myself from his point of view.  I only watch a few hours of TV a week anymore.  I used to watch a lot when I was a kid, though.  Now, I'm just too busy between school, work, and my friends.  If I turn the TV on, it's usually to watch a movie.  One funny thing about this lately is that our neighbors asked us to join a boycott against Dancing with the Stars (because of Bristol Palin -- her claim to stardom being that she made teenage pregnancy glamorous).  We all did this the last time they asked (for the same reason), but I felt odd about it, since I have seen maybe 20 minutes total of that show since it began.  I wouldn't have watched anyway. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment