Saturday, April 10, 2010

More research! Will it ever end?

Herbert Block, who signed his work "Herbl...Image via Wikipedia
Yes, I'm doing two posts in one day again, mostly because I don't want to work on my paper right now, but if I don't do any school-related work, I'll feel guilty.  So, I'm supposed to talk about the new research I have to do for my revision. 
First, I need to find stuff about unreliable narrators.  During my conference, Dr. Toffee said something like  "discussing that would build my ethos as a serious scholar."  Really, I don't know how serious a scholar I am, but I'm sure working like I am. 
Next, I need to go through the stuff I already have about Watson, and maybe get some more.  Okay, I'm going to have to get some more.  I don't think it'll take too much time, but if it does, I guess that's the way it goes. 
Finally, I need to take a day off and think about something else, research-wise, because I've got a political science paper due in a couple of weeks.  That one is about McCarthyism (I'm going to argue that those Tea Party people are just McCarthyists -- or is it McCarthyites?-- with new outfits, and they are going to bring the Republican party down), and my instructor looked worried when I told him my topic.  After he suggested a couple of authors, he said, "I look forward to reading your paper," but he looked just as worried.  I don't care.  My aunt doesn't have health insurance, and those guys pissed me off.

Here's an article that brought home to me just how much of a slacker I am.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment