Tuesday, May 11, 2010

So far, so good

Cinderella is tested to distinguish her from h...Image via Wikipedia
I made it through the essay part of the exam (the objective part is tomorrow), and I think that I did okay, but today I want to talk about fairy tales.  I can't believe I never heard of The Storyteller before.  I rented it, but now it's on my wish list.  I watched it with my brother, the Rossmonster.  Ross is seven (yeah, and I'm 18.  I know!  What were they thinking?), and he liked Hans My Hedgehog best.  I actually got 10 extra credit points thanks to Ross (I knew he had to be good for something).  I read him the Brothers Grimm version of Cinderella and wrote a page about how he reacted.  It was pretty funny.  He said that he liked it much better than the Disney movie, and he wanted to know why the movie didn't have the stepsisters getting their eyes pecked out.  Yeah, that would have worked.
Anyway, I'm taking a psych class in childhood development over the summer, and I think I might use fairy tales for my research paper.  We'll see.  For now, back to studying.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment