Sunday, June 26, 2011

My proposal-- What's the big deal with James Bond, anyway?

James Bond title sequences feature striking im...Image via WikipediaI'm having some trouble narrowing down my research question for the proposal (luckily, Dr. Toffee changed the due date to Wednesday).  I had a draft ready last Wednesday, but I'm not happy with it.  Also, I've been reading some of the material I've found on men's studies, and that's given me a lot to think about, too.  The question I put in the title of this post is actually pretty close to what I'm looking for:  I want to know what men -- and boys, for that matter -- get out of James Bond films.  I mean, there are plenty of movies with similar characters and plots, but the Bond films seem to touch something in men that the others don't.  I'll keep working on this today; I've got to come up with something soon.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment