Monday, July 23, 2012

I Come Up for Air and Discover a Tragedy

AURORA, CO - JULY 22:  Greg Zanis of Aurora, I...
AURORA, CO - JULY 22: Greg Zanis of Aurora, Illinois, writes the names on the twelve crosses he made for a makeshift memorial to the victims of last weekend's mass shooting at the Century 16 movie theater July 22, 2012 in Aurora, Colorado. A carpenter by trade, Zanis made the twelve white crosses that were placed near Columbine High School after a mass shooting there in 1999. Zanis said he made these crosses as fast as possible and drove all night across the country to place them across the street from the theater.  (Image credit: Getty Images via @daylife)
Believe it or not, I have not seen or heard any news since last Thursday night.  I took the weekend off from work to finish all my papers and study for my finals this week; I told my family not to talk to me, because I needed to work on my stuff, and they wanted to help, so the only thing I heard from them was that dinner was ready.  I told my friends not to call or text, and I kept my phone on the charger.  A great plan, huh?  Well, I did get almost everything done.

I got up early today to write some journal entries (I still need a few more), and went online for the first time in four days (about 15 minutes ago), where I learned what had happened in Aurora, Colorado while I was in my own little world.  I am in shock, I guess.  I don't know how to react to it just yet.  I'm going to have to process it for a while, then I'll write more about it later today.  I think.

For now, I just want to say that all of my thoughts are with the victims, both living and dead, and their families, and will probably remain with them for a while.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment