Thursday, December 5, 2013

Guess Who's a New Metaphor for Annoying

English: Patrick Sharp of the Chicago Blackhaw...
Not Annoying:  Patrick Sharp of the Chicago
 Blackhawks takes practice shots.
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
My last post for the semester has only the slightest connection to my writing.  A couple of weeks ago, according to one of my classmates this morning, Marc Giangreco, the ABC7 (Chicago) sports anchor, was talking about the Phoenix Coyotes, who were playing the Blackhawks that night.  He said something like "these guys are almost as obnoxious as Miley Cyrus."  I don't know about that, but it must be hard to be the new synonym for annoying.  Personally, I think she comes off as desperate and she makes people uncomfortable, which I guess could be interpreted as obnoxious.

And now I've got my 20 posts.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment