Thursday, February 19, 2015

Readings update

Charlie Brown pumpkin patch
Charlie Brown pumpkin patch (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I forgot to mention that I read all of the narratives in How to Write about Anything.  The one that made the biggest impression was the one about Peanuts (the comic strip), and that was because I've actually read the collection mentioned in the essay.  My dad has a copy -- he's a big fan, although he doesn't seem to be interested in the cartoon shows.  My favorite is It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.  I love when Sally gets hysterical over missing trick or treating.  And, of course, when Charlie Brown keeps getting a rock at every house.  I know just how he feels, even though that never happened to me.
I'm moving on to the next set of readings.  I should have something about them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment