Friday, April 3, 2015

Gotta Love those E-readers!



I am totally crazy about my Nook, even though it doesn't perform up to specs.  I could fix it, but that would involve re-registering it, which would clear out all of the books I side-loaded to the 32 gig card I added on--and it might not be possible to reload them, for reasons I don't want to get into here.  Anyway, I've had it for a few years, and I have almost a thousand books, most of which were picked up for less than five dollars (probably a hundred or so were free).  Yeah, I read a lot.

One of the things I love about it is that, thanks to the daily specials, I've been introduced to a lot of writers that I wouldn't have picked up on in print.  A while back I bought Faye Kellerman's The Ritual Bath.  It was the daily special to promote her latest book in the Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus series.


I don't know about you, but I like to learn stuff when I read a mystery, and this one has a lot to offer, in this case about Judaism and the daily issues that arise for the seriously religious.  With that and the relationship that  develops between the two main characters, I was able to take a mental vacation from everything that normally has my brain on the worrier's exercise wheel.  
If this sounds good to you, try it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment