Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Starting my research blog

English: A panorama of a research room taken a...
English: A panorama of a research room taken at the New York Public Library with a Canon 5D and 24-105mm f/4L IS. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Welcome to my research blog for my English 102 class.  I’m a first-year student at a community college that I’m not going to name because I just had a lesson in why you shouldn’t name names (more about that later).  I did okay in 101 (I think the prof liked my grammar more than my writing; he went on and on about how he appreciated not having to mark a lot of mistakes.  But he didn’t have much to say about WHAT I wrote.  He did ask on one paper that I try not to use so many parentheticals.  I guess he had a point.).
Anyway, this term I’m going to be writing a research paper, and the materials I got on Blackboard make it sound as though this is a much bigger deal than I expected.  I mean, I’ve done research papers before, and they got good grades. 
I’m already over my 100 words, and I still haven’t said much about myself.  I’ll save that for my next post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment