Saturday, January 23, 2010

Here I am at last!

To start with, a few words about me.  My name is Rhonda Rhodes (because my dad-- Robert Rhodes -- thinks that repeating initials are a good idea.  However, he only did this to his daughters, not his sons.  Mom could have stopped him; she won't say why she didn't), and I'm writing this blog for my English 102 class.  It wasn't too hard to get this set up, but I won't be sure if it worked until I finish this post.  For my first entry this week, I'm supposed to try to choose a topic for my research project.  I have no idea what to do.  I did a term paper on global warming for senior English in high school, but from what Dr. Toffee said in class, that kind of thing won't work.  I'm supposed to pick something I'm interested in, it could be something connected with my major, and it has to be ACADEMIC!  What the hell.  I don't have a major yet, and I don't have a clue what it will turn out to be.  I'm just taking my gen ed requirements here to save money, since my folks insisted.  Anyway, I guess I should list my interests.  I love movies.  I like music, but I'm not obsessed with it, like my brother.  I was on the soccer team in high school, but I don't play anymore.  My job is boring-- mostly I fold clothes for the displays and run a register.  I read, but not as much or as high quality as I probably should (no, I'm not a Twilight fan, but I like Stephen King).  I might like to be a teacher someday, since I like kids, but only little ones. 
I wonder if I could do something about a movie.  She said that films are academic.  Maybe Sherlock Holmes?  No, I should probably do one that I can get on DVD.  I don't know when Sherlock Holmes will be released.   But I really liked it, and I think that's what I want to do.  Is this 100 words yet?  I guess I better save it in Word, so I can check for length.  
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment