Friday, January 29, 2010

What do I really want?

Cover of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by...Image via Wikipedia
So, I've been thinking about Sherlock Holmes (the movie, that is), and my father, who grew up on Sherlock Holmes (the stories and the TV series), said that I might want to look at how different the character is in the movie from the stories themselves.  That sounds like a good idea, but I don't want to settle for that right now, in case I think of something better before tonight, when I have to post it to the online discussion for the class.


One idea I had was that the movie was kind of like a James Bond movie.  I'm not sure if I think that because of the plot or because of Holmes being so active.  I always thought he was more of a guy who thinks his way through a mystery than a guy who goes out looking for clues and facing dangerous situations, but in the movie, that's what he does.  I'm not really sure where this could go.  I'm supposed to start trying to come up with a research question, and I think I can do it with this, but how do I know whether or not I'm wasting my time?  What if I do a lot of work on this idea, and it doesn't come through for me?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment