Thursday, February 2, 2012

Men's Studies?

American Men's Studies AssociationImage via WikipediaI am told that it's okay for women to use a men's studies approach (and for men to use a women's studies approach), so that's what I'm going to do.  I haven't gotten down to specifics in my searching yet.  I've looked at as much of The Journal of Men's Studies as I can online, and I went to the website for AMSA, the American Men's Studies Association.  Their motto seems to be "advancing the critical study of Men and Masculinities," which fits what I'm trying to do.  There are a lot of academic journals that publish this stuff, according to the website, but now I need to start looking for a couple of things.  I know I want to look for articles that have to do with fathers and sons, but I think I might also look for some on warrior codes, since there seems to be something going on once the fighting starts, and also because  Dollarhyde (the Ford character) has a military background that the other characters keep referring to.  So, I guess I'd better get going on this. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment