Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's the Flu!

¿INFLUENZA?, AJA Y QUE MÁS....JAJAJ

¿INFLUENZA?, AJA Y QUE MÁS....JAJAJ (Photo credit: Immer_Lebend)
I am sick.  My mom can't stop reminding me that I should have gotten a shot.  I had already figured that out on my own. 
Anyway, as long as I'm home, I'm trying to get through my draft for next week.  I already have one draft, but it's crummy.  My thesis doesn't work.  Maybe it's got the flu, too. 

I can't concentrate very well, thanks to the fever, so I'm not getting very far. 
Right now, I'm thinking about anger and violence, and anger and power.  And, how it all connects up with the masculine ideal.  It seems as though this comes out in the Lonergan character.  He only gets visibly angry once in the entire film, and that is when no other men are present.  When there are, you can't tell if he's angry, or even irritated, for that matter.  This seems to be part of a cultural image of strong men.  So, it's obvious that I need to think a lot more.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment