Monday, November 25, 2013

I Don't Wanna . . .

screeches and whines
screeches and whines (Photo credit: Lettuce.)
I have the whole week off from school this week (but I still have to work -- especially on Friday.  I hate working retail), and, after a weekend where I accomplished exactly nothing, I'm facing facts.

Fact number 1 (just in the order it occurs to me, not ranked as to importance):  I have 5, yes, 5 projects to finish before the end of next week, and the thought of working on them makes my head hurt.

Fact number 2:  If I don't keep up with my coursework, I'll probably be stuck working retail forever.  (Hey, Dr. Toffee, you'll be pleased to know that I know that this is a slippery slope logical fallacy)

Fact number 3:  Somehow, I have managed to wind up having no money again, just when Christmas is coming and there's a lot of stuff I want to do (movies, parties, etc.) besides buying gifts.

Fact number 4:  Thanksgiving is coming at me like an out-of-control steamroller.  If I could have moved into my own place by now, I could just show up at Mom's on Thursday, eat my turkey, help with the dishes, and go home.  But because I live at Mom's, I'm responsible for a bunch of time-consuming chores that nobody will notice unless I don't do them.  Really, I guess that even though I want to help out, what I want more is not to have to help out.

Conclusion:  I am selfish, self-indulgent, and lazy.

However, as you can see, I am writing this post, so I am working on one of my projects, finally, which means that I have crawled out of my lair and started to face reality.  

But I still don't wanna. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment