Saturday, October 28, 2017

I Wrote This, Too! But it's about Halloween, not my Paper

Halloween
Halloween (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
continued from last post
Well, once again life interrupts.  I forgot that today is our annual witches' tea party.  My sister Rebbie (the sister formerly known as the Queen of Goth) and I do this every year for our nieces, and this might possibly be the last year for it.  They're getting kind of old (12 and 10) for tea parties, which we used to have for every holiday and even an ice cream version for back to school that we skipped this year because one was doing theater camp and the other had softball practice or games almost every day.
I'm going to miss it.  Rebbie and I made fancy hats for them when they were 5 and 3; they only fit them for a year, so we passed them on to a neighbor who had granddaughters that age.  We still have our own witch hats (red for me, black with purple maribou trim for Rebbie) and so do the girls (plain black).  We get out all our decorations, including realistic brooms and spooky lights, make breaded green beans for zombie fingers, etc.
Anyway, between getting that stuff ready and our neighborhood's scheduled trick-or-treating hours, I won't be able to get back to my continuation until tomorrow.  Not an excuse, but a reason.
Happy early Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. I've never really did anything like this with my family but it seems like a very fun thing to take into consideration for the future. I hope you enjoyed your halloween with your nieces being it was going to be the last time having this festive bond with them. ☺

    ReplyDelete