Sunday, June 10, 2012

My topic choice


Avatar (2009 film)
Avatar (2009 film) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
(I wrote my first few entries in my geology notebook, and I haven't had time to post them until now, so this one is from last Monday)

After staring at the list of films for the research project for the last hour, I finally settled on Avatar, and I'm going to use disability studies as my approach.  On the list, Avatar is in the myth criticism category, not disability, but it says it's okay to use a different approach for any of the movies, and besides, what I read on the myth sheet in our packet made me think of disability.  I mean, the hero of the film uses a wheelchair, and some of the people that he meets treat him differently than they would treat a person without a disability, so this looks like a good choice.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment