Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Picking a Scene

Artemis statue in Louvre, Paris, France
Artemis statue in Louvre, Paris, France
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I left my Norton Field Guide in Reb's car, so I'm going to talk about my proposal this time instead of the reading (I'll get to it.  Really.).  Okay, so I'm proposing using a myth criticism approach to The Hunger Games, and I'm going to focus on determining what kind of hero (or heroine) Katniss is.  I've been having trouble picking a scene for the project, and I really wish I could analyze two scenes, because she has a lot of different qualities.  She's self-sacrificing, above everything else, angry, clever -- but not about people, and she's a survivor.  This may sound weird, but I think she really fits the pattern of the Greek goddess Artemis, who is known as the Huntress.  I'll talk more about this next week, but for now, I am stuck on finding a scene, and I think I'm going to have to watch the film again.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment