Friday, September 7, 2012

Write, Rewrite, Repeat as Necessary

Peer Review
Peer Review (Photo credit: AJC1)
My memoir is finally finished, unless I come up with something to add to it before class today.  After the peer review last week, I decided to do a fresh draft; the story just wasn't cooperating with the point I was trying to make.  It seems to me that the problem was that I really wanted to say something about sisters.  I have two, Rebecca and she who shall remain nameless.  The nameless one is the focus of the story, but I came to the conclusion that I should put Reb in as a contrast to her.  The new draft was better, but it was over the maximum length, so that had to be fixed, and so on.

I never spent so much time on so short a paper in my life.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment