Monday, September 17, 2012

Reading Complex Material

Hildegard reading and writing
Hildegard reading and writing
 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I got a little behind in my postings because of the George essay I wrote about in my last post.  It was longer and more complicated than the stuff we've been reading, and it also had so much in it that I wanted/needed to think about that I couldn't discuss it for a while.  I think that being asked about how I handle this kind of writing was a good thing-- I realized that I'm going to be having to read more and more difficult stuff from now on, and thinking about my "reading strategies" (this is what The Norton Field Guide to Writing calls them) can only help me get a grip on what is being said.
One thing I've found out is that it helps me to go over the material again a couple of days after reading it all the way through, because I always come across things I didn't take in the first time.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment