Sunday, November 4, 2012

It's Finally Finished

English: A map of the fictional nation of Pane...
English: A map of the fictional nation of Panem from Suzanne Collins' "The Hunger Games." (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The final revision of my critical analysis paper on The Hunger Games is done, or at least as done as it will ever be, and I turned it in.  I feel like I've been let out of prison!  I don't have to think about the movie anymore, and I can get on with the rest of my work.  I'm glad that the paper was due now; all the major projects for my other classes are due in the last two weeks of the semester, and having this one out of the way means a lot in terms of time.  All I have to do for English 101 is the application letter/résumé and a portfolio, which ought to be a breeze.  Oh, and there's still a test on the textbook readings and a final exam, but I'm not going to worry about them now.

One thing I have noticed is that what Dr. Toffee calls my "writing process" has changed.  I always thought of revising as being mostly correcting errors, but now I get it.  In fact, right now, I realize that I'm not following the prompt for this week.  I'm supposed to be writing about "The experience of developing and writing" the critical analysis essay, and I really should revise this post to fit that.  But I'm not gonna!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment