Monday, November 19, 2012

Something I Wish I Had Read-- Facebook Makes You Fat!

Facebook logo
Facebook=a fatter you? (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

I saw this story on AOL this morning; it was one of their unlabeled videos.  These always irritate me, because I wouldn't bother clicking on them if I knew they were videos.  I haven't got the time to sit through an ad and a bunch of small talk before they get to the point.  Not to mention that they are always superficial.  Gimme the written word.  I can read at least 3 times as fast as they can talk.

Anyway, this story caught my eye:  "Social Media Related to Weight Gain?"  A recent study has made this connection, which I have been suspecting for a while.  My friends who spend a lot of time on Facebook (especially Facebook!) all seem to be gaining weight, and this started in high school, so it's not the freshman fifteen thing.

I've been avoiding Facebook because it's so boring (aren't other people's ego trips always boring?).  Looks like I got out while the getting was good!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment