Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Where am I going?

Resume Design
Resume Design (Photo credit: CharlotWest)
My résumé and application letter are ready to turn in this week, and I don't have much to say about them.  This was an easy assignment (for once!), but now I'm thinking about the kind of writing I'm going to have to do after I finish college.  I still don't have any idea of what I want to do.  I have no career plans yet.  I know I don't want to do anything just for a paycheck, but so far nothing is jumping out at me and saying, DO THIS. 

When I was little and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I never had an answer, and I never thought that I'd get to this point and still not know.  They seemed to think that I would want to be a nurse like my mother (I think she's amazing for being able to do that -- I know I couldn't) or some other medical profession, but I know I would hate it.  I want to help people, yes, but I know I'm too sympathetic to be helpful in the kind of situations my mother faces every day.  I'd be crying all the time and burn out in less than a week. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment