Saturday, September 2, 2017

And then I wrote . . . and wrote, and wrote . . .

Working on my draft again-- I've been putting in some time every day on it (advice from the prof).  I thought it couldn't hurt to try it, and it hasn't been hard to find 10 or 15 minutes here and there to work on it.  The story I chose to tell is about how my dad got my older sister Rebbi and me ready to go see our first Broadway show: Wicked.  Mom and Dad had already seen it, and I think they were thinking that we would be able to understand it (at ages 6 and 8) with a little help.
Anyway, I remember the preparations better than actually going to the show.  We knew The Wizard of Oz, of course, so Dad didn't have to explain that.  He made character flashcards (I think he invented these) and used them to tell the story, playing the songs from the cd as he went.  Really, he put on a show of his own, and we loved it.  
Today I'm working on my conclusion.  Telling the story went okay.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment