Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Did you ever have one of those days?

Doc, age 3.  He's very suspicious of cameras 
As I've mentioned before, I have trouble sleeping, and it's worse when I'm under a lot of stress.  I always picture a hamster on an exercise wheel in my brain, running at top speed, worrying about everything on earth.  I can't stop the hamster.  Anyway, we just found out a few days ago that my sister Rebbie's dog has cancer of the spleen, and his spleen could rupture at any time now.  He's 12 years old, which is beyond the lifespan of his breed (Great Pyrenees), but he hasn't been acting strange, and his fur has been hiding the fact that he's lost a lot of weight (down to 82 from 122!).  So, we're all pretty down about that.  It'll be worse on Saturday, when he goes to the vet for the last time.  

It's hard to keep on track with all my courses when stuff like that is happening.  Yesterday in class, the prof had us write 5 blog posts in class (we're in a computer lab), and I'm having trouble accessing the file.  I feel like an idiot now.  I didn't post them from the lab because I wanted to do it on my own computer so that I could run Zemanta for pictures and article suggestions.

The one piece of good news is that the due date on the research paper has been pushed back to next Monday instead of tomorrow.  Or maybe it's not good news, since that just gives me more time to worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment